Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2007 10:27:45 AM EDT
Hey, guys I just bought a Romak 3 for $894.00 just wondering if it's a good deal?  
It comes with scope, sling, 2 10rdmag, hardcase, and 300rds of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/22/2007 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
omg.. wow didnt anyone tell you they are selling them at aim for $500 each with scope.. suck for you

just kidding lol yeah thats a pretty good deal was it the 4x scope?
Link Posted: 3/22/2007 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#2]
lol, yeah it is.
Link Posted: 3/22/2007 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Good deal then.
Link Posted: 3/23/2007 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
ya thats a good deal as long if its not a kit gun
Link Posted: 3/23/2007 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#5]
lmao i paid 750 alone for my TG kit gun. So yea its a good deal considering I paid top dollar.
Link Posted: 3/23/2007 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Btw whats up with all this bad stuff about KIT guns. Why does the price go down? I understand there are alot of mistakes but I think all of these rifles have the recievers changed when they come in this country dont they..So they are all Kit guns. There are some great kit guns out there and I dont see why everyone considers "kit guns" to be inferior. If i knew I was gonna get so much crap about it being a kit gun I would have not even bother with my crusade to find one of these damn rifles. At one point I was willing to pay over $1000 and still could not find one.

Shouldnt kit guns be just the same price as other PSLs unless they are like right from the romanian arsenal unchanged?
Link Posted: 3/23/2007 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#7]
you are right that there are some changes made to the rifles that come into this country. but there are rifles that were assembled at the factory in romania to be imported. the kit guns are made completely in america from parts... im not totally bashing them but for my money id get a factory rifle
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 5:58:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you are right that there are some changes made to the rifles that come into this country. but there are rifles that were assembled at the factory in romania to be imported. the kit guns are made completely in america from parts... im not totally bashing them but for my money id get a factory rifle

Hard to tell tho right? Other than the bayonet lug still on. And no SVD DRAGUNOV markings on the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#9]
ya from what i know you are right. if it says made in romania you are handling a factory rifle from what i know... but if it says tennasee guns on it you are most likely seeing a kit gun... thats about the length of my knowledge.
Link Posted: 3/26/2007 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Btw whats up with all this bad stuff about KIT guns. Why does the price go down? I understand there are alot of mistakes but I think all of these rifles have the recievers changed when they come in this country dont they..So they are all Kit guns. There are some great kit guns out there and I dont see why everyone considers "kit guns" to be inferior. If i knew I was gonna get so much crap about it being a kit gun I would have not even bother with my crusade to find one of these damn rifles. At one point I was willing to pay over $1000 and still could not find one.

Shouldnt kit guns be just the same price as other PSLs unless they are like right from the romanian arsenal unchanged?
Its a good point you bring up, the main difference between a "Kit Gun" and a Romanian factory made gun is the guy squeezing the  rivets in Romania was getting paid a hell of a lot less than the guy squeezing the SAME DAMN RIVETS here in the States! But some folks just like to have the genuine article and thats fine But I'll take a properly assembeled "kit Gun" thats selling at a 100-200.00 lower price any ole time
Link Posted: 3/27/2007 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a good point you bring up, the main difference between a "Kit Gun" and a Romanian factory made gun is the guy squeezing the  rivets in Romania was getting paid a hell of a lot less than the guy squeezing the SAME DAMN RIVETS here in the States! But some folks just like to have the genuine article and thats fine But I'll take a properly assembeled "kit Gun" thats selling at a 100-200.00 lower price any ole time

Me to! I recently took out my new PSL and was worried about jamming. Its a kit gun from tenessee guns. When I got it the stocks finnish was peeling off so had to refinnish that. The front site was canted and the suppressor was out of wack. Not just that there is some bar over the screw that lets you take off the buttstock in the reciever.
So I was worried I had just baught a guna  monkey had put together with a stone and bolts. But anyways took it out to the range 2 days ago. NOT ONE JAM shot 60 rounds was perfect. The recoil was lighter than I expected.(My arm was not even sore the next day)
So there are some good kit guns out there even if they have alot of weird changes to them. I have not tested for acuracy yet tho since the front site is canted and the suppressor is out of line. Once those are fixed im sure the rifle will be just as good as the original romanian factory made rifles.
Link Posted: 3/27/2007 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#12]
it is true what you say. I like to have the original from the factory gun. If you are happy with the kits and have had good experiences then more power to you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah i have 3 in the short barreled version with all romanion parts matching number on all part baught it like 4 years ago shots like a dream and have a 8x psop on it from kalinka lighted reticle it pretty sweet but im thinking about selling it off.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#14]
how much you selling that rifle for? i tried to im you but it didnt work....
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Not selling it, that's what i paid for...anyways VirtuaGuyver selling one on EE for $950 i think.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 1:51:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Bought mine 2 years ago for $650 but they have gone up since then so I'd say fair to good deal.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#17]
i was asking 2kitty
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#18]
If you are selling the 8x scope let me know!
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#19]
well i baught the 8x for 150$ so idont know quit yet im still shopping around for what i want to replace it with. As far as the shortie as i call it not sure i havent seen anyone else with one ill try and post a picture of it here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Im pretty seriouse i have no idea how much the gun is worth i paid 850$ for it 4 years ago. Im trying to decide what i want to replace it with.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#21]
From what I have seen they go for $950+.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#22]
I paid 175 from a friend for the scope who baught it for 250 so id probably sell the whole kit rifle 8x and 4x scope cleaning kit for 1100$ -1150$it would be the first gun ive ever sold so I would need to go research some first on the how too of it.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top