Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/11/2006 11:13:33 AM EDT
I recently got an SAR3 but I need some more stuff. I need 4 mags, a romanian side folder, and a  muzzle break.
Will a ak 74 break work on this rifle? my barrel isn't threaded, so does someone make a pin on?
I am having trouble finding ANY mags. any suggestions?
I really want a kobra sight. Anyone know where to find a used one?
I can't seem to find a romanian side folder. Is there anything else that will bolt up with no mods?
Thanks for looking, any help is appreciated.
C111
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
There are alot of Romanian Side Folders available...saw at least 3 sellers at the Dallas FunShow priced @ $60.00~75.00.
Have you checked in the EE section here ?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#2]
First off congrats on the SAR-3 purchase.

Now the bad news..it seems ONE vendor bought up all the Wieger .223 mags in the country recently.
Your only hope is to order these tonight ASAP from CenturyArms. (Scroll dowm about mid-way)

German 30 Rd. AK Magazine Cal.223 Steel -- Excellent  
MA1050
$26.95

As for a front sight base this is a no-brainer.
Get a Romy 22mm threaded FSB from K-VAR HERE.

The correct USA-MADE 22mm brake can be bought HERE. from AK-USA.

Here is a pic of my SAR-3 with the above mentioned parts installed>

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Now the bad news..it seems ONE vendor bought up all the Wieger .223 mags in the country recently.
CenturyArms. (Scroll dowm about mid-way)

German 30 Rd. AK Magazine Cal.223 Steel -- Excellent  
MA1050
$26.95

So who is the vender that bought up all the wieder mags and why?  Also, will the German mags work well in the SAR 3?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So who is the vender that bought up all the wieder mags and why?  Also, will the German mags work well in the SAR 3?

The vendor ..I do not know.

The SAR-3 was made to use the E. German Wieger .223mags.

But I've heard of ppl using AK-74 Bakelite mags with ROBARM .223 followers without a hitch.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Cope's Distributing had the Weiger mags recently. Your other option is to get the used Galil Orlites from CDNN at $10 a pop and fit those with a belt sander. Cheap mags and they work great (made to fire 223 unlike the '74 conversions)

ACE makes a receiver adapter that would allow you to use any of their stocks. highly recommended!

If it was me I'd just have someone thread the barrel. Why mess with a pin-on?

Dunno about the Kobra - I got mine a few years ago from Freedom Optics.

Good luck!

JorgWalther - What sort of grip is on your rifle?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:19:05 AM EDT
[#6]
If you can't find any Weigers, you can get some Bulgy waffles from KVAR.  My SAR3 accepted the Bulgy mags but were very tight fit because of the center support.  All I did was dremel a very small amount off the center support and now they easily inserted and removed.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the new front sight base.  Is it very difficult to change out? Does anyone have a link to any instructions?  Thanks for all the info guys.
C111
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It consists of Russian upper/lower h/g's and a Z_Recto made laminate Buttstock w/lightning cuts and p/g to match the Russian set.

Most on the AK boards know of Z_recto's workmanship.
His name is held in high regard here and for a good reason!

EDIT: HERE is Z_recto's work.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I like the new front sight base.  Is it very difficult to change out? Does anyone have a link to any instructions?  Thanks for all the info guys.
C111

C111 I IM 'ed you the details.

Not to be an arse but you should call CAI fast and grab at least (5) Wieger .223 mags ASAP!

The Wieger mags are 100% functional out of the box with the SAR-3, unlike the others mentioned above.
CAI is the last known vendor to have them in stock.

Just my lousy 0.02.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It consists of Russian upper/lower h/g's and a Z_Recto made laminate Buttstock w/lightning cuts and p/g to match the Russian set.
www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/16066sar3_set-med.jpg

Most on the AK boards know of Z_recto's workmanship.
His name is held in high regard here and for a good reason!

EDIT: HERE is Z_recto's work.

Jorg- who's photobucket page is that? I think some of my stock sets on are on that page under the AK74 section! Is that Kevin's page????
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's my 2 cents . .

I've had a SAR-3 for about 5 years now.  Has to be one of the BEST AK's I have ever owned or fired  ! !

I use only WEIGER mags in my SAR-3  ! !    I've tried three of the Bulgy mags but I could only get two of them to work 100% of the time.   I know other say they can be "modified", but why not spend the money now and get the mags that WORK ! ! ! !

Been thru THOUSANDS of rounds and always 100% with WEIGER mags.  

Remember what Grandma always said: "Buy quality and only cry once  ! !"

You've got a GREAT little rifle - -  buy the best mags you can find :  WEIGER ! ! !
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Jorg- who's photobucket page is that? I think some of my stock sets on are on that page under the AK74 section! Is that Kevin's page????

Yes
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top