Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:24:47 AM EDT
If so how easy is it to do this? Just buy a Under fold parts kit and swap stocks? Im not worried about compliance parts because i will take care of that. Just asking how easily it is to do so...

How do you remove the rear fixed stock?

How do you remove the front lower stock?

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:38:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you just buy a Romanian or Polish underfolding stock kit and build it?  The problem with converting a fixed stock to an UF is that the rear rivet holes will more than likely not be in the same place.  Therefore, you'd need to weld up the holes and drill in the new ones.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#2]
If i couldent do it, That is what i was going to do. Im new to AK's and still learning. But im on my 2nd one now and really want a underfold.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#3]
It's possible but not without some work:

1) Remove rear trunion
2) Weld up holes
3) Remove left scope mount
4) Weld up holes
5) Drill and cut holes for under trunion
6) Rivet trunion in place
7) Install stock

Not an easy conversion.

Want an easy conversion to a folding stock? Buy a romanian side folding stock. It will bolt in place no mod needed.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW...you might want to check out an underfolder before you jump in and buy one. I did the Polish uf and found the stock to be flimsy..too much side to side play and not real comfy in the cheek weld area. Of course you, like me may have to go there for yourself first. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Underfolders in Michigan do not make the OAL requirements without a muzzle device and a slant brake is too short, Stick with a side folder. If you mount any folding stock to the rilfe it has to be registered as a pistol because it is under the 30" law. Anything over 26 inches and under 30 inches is considered a pistol according to Michigan Law!
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top