Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:13:25 PM EDT
OK guys,

Just picked up my first AK at the gun show this weekend.  Gotta say I love it, even though liberals all over the country are perishing just from looking at the gun.  

Being an AK Noob, I had a question about the FSB.  On mine, there is a flip up iron that obscures the post.  It has a small indent.  Is this intended to be a night sight with some type of tritium paint applied in the indentation??

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I bought it on Saturday and we went out on Sunday to break it in.  Pics here starting bottom p.6
WARNING 56k = DEATH

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=227029
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
From the other thread:

That's a Yugoslavian rifle, sir, not a Romanian WASR.  The flip-up sights are the grenade launger sights. (Not sure if they're supposed to have tritium or not.)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#2]
There should be night sights on the front and rear sites.  They flip up.  They have just a little white dot that glows.  The large sight is a gas cutoff and launcher sights.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I thought that the sight on the gas block was the grenade site.  And was pretty sure that the flip up was a night sight, but it didn't have any paint on the dot so I wasn't sure.  Anyway, here is a close up of what I was talking about.

1/2 way up.

fully deployed

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:48:40 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah your missing the paint,...i forgot who sells it but they make a glow in the dark paint.

looks like ya'll had a good time down there if FLA. gives me a few ideas on a upcomming shoot with some of the hometown boys up here
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice score. That's much nicer than a WASR. Excellent buy!

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top