Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/1/2006 4:16:53 PM EDT
I bought a muzzle break the other day for my WASR-10,  I'm planning on renting the threading kit over the summer and putting the muzzle break on it.  

But, I was playing with it and realized that the muzzle break slides right over the barrel?  Did I get the wrong size muzzle break, or is it just not possible???  If i thread the barrel the muzzle break would slide right over the threads right?  I don't get it, I have a bayonet lug but if I can't put a muzzle break on it the bayonet would be loose?  I have a bayonet too.  I'm slightly confused??????
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC WASR barrels come in two diameters (at least at the muzzle). The larger diameter can be threaded to take the standard muzzle brake. The smaller diameter (which it appears you have) cannot be threaded with the standard AK threads.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:41:06 AM EDT
[#2]
You probably can thread the barrel 1/2X28, but you will need to check the diameter of your barrel(it needs to be about .500 to do this).

There are a number of flash hiders and brakes available in this thread pitch.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top