Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/30/2006 1:15:02 PM EDT
I am ordering an M4 style stock for my Romanian SAR-1 and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on them. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
ick
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Its your money but I would highly suggest you DO NOT do it based on my personal preference.  M4 stocks are for M4's not AK's, It just looks wrong.

But if you must, ACE makes the best one's www.aceltdusa.com/AKStamped.htm  Stay away from Tapco.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am ordering an M4 style stock for my Romanian SAR-1 and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on them. Thanks

For the love of God, don't do it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, that is a valid point, but I have never given that much heed to convention. I am a tall dude and the stock SAR-1 stocks are a little too short for me. I like the versatility of telescoping stocks.  Besiodes, this is my #2 AK and I am not afraid to mod it out a little. i don't mind if it looks different. it shoots straight as an arrow and has never given me any serious truble in all the years I've had it. But you all know about that  I am sure.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks you for your input. The one I am looking at is the non-folding 6 position M4 style.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#6]
http://www.aceltdusa.com/images05/AK/AKRBU-M4FS-ext.jpg

has that barrel been shortened? why would you do that?

i have thought about putting a stock like that on my rife, for close range tactical rifle classses, but i would probably change it back when i got it home
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:20:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.aceltdusa.com/images05/AK/AKRBU-M4FS-ext.jpg

i have thought about putting a stock like that on my rife, for close range tactical rifle classses, but i would probably change it back when i got it home

YUCK!!!...

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:24:34 AM EDT
[#8]
OOoooopppppsssss....

Sorry 'bout the double-tap...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.aceltdusa.com/images05/AK/AKRBU-M4FS-ext.jpg

YUCK!!!...href=www.hunt101.com/img/370070.jpg

hey man, dont associate that with me, i found that pic on the site AF1ACURA posted.  i just refinished the wood furniture on mine
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, I got the stock this weekend and installed it Sat. I got to put about 200 rounds through it after, and I must say that I like the new stock. It adds about 2-3 inches so I am not so crunched in as with the stcok stock. People seem to have a phobia about non-traditional parts on AKs! P.S. Love the Commie China propaghanda poster!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well, I got the stock this weekend and installed it Sat. I got to put about 200 rounds through it after, and I must say that I like the new stock. It adds about 2-3 inches so I am not so crunched in as with the stcok stock. People seem to have a phobia about non-traditional parts on AKs! P.S. Love the Commie China propaghanda poster!

Which receiver adapter did you use?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't need any adapter at all. I just removed two screws from the original stock, slid it off,slid the new one on, drilled 2 pilot holes and used the original screws to fasten it on. (The stock came with 2 new screws but they were smaller,so I didn't use them) It took about 3 minutes. There is no play or wiggle at all either. I was very pleased. I also took of my fore grips, sanded them a bit, painted them flat black and then put on 2 coats of waterproofer. The finished product looks good. It  doesn't look rigged up or " mall ninja" as some say.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Most of the cool Chinese propaganda posters are from the Cultural Revolution era.  A friend of mine that's goes to China every few years or so bought me this one that I had framed...

ETA: According to my friend that speaks fluent madarin (and he's also a whitey!) says that the upper right hand corner is a quote from Mao and that the picture seems to depict PLA troops fighting the Soviets as this poster was printed around the time of the Sino-Soviet split.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Cry me a river little guy!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Those are some cool posters! I have a few old soviet prop. posters.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#17]
They are slapping the M4 stock on everything from AK's to 870's nowadays and it may be totally functional but it still looks like a POS. again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and just like your fat russian wife Stania when the lights are out and it's cold outside...who cares?...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well, I got the stock this weekend and installed it Sat. I got to put about 200 rounds through it after, and I must say that I like the new stock. It adds about 2-3 inches so I am not so crunched in as with the stcok stock. People seem to have a phobia about non-traditional parts on AKs! P.S. Love the Commie China propaghanda poster!hr

I would have to say I like the traditional part, one of the reasons Im getting an Ak is because its kinda historic, its design is from the 40shippie.gif
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:03:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone know what the OAL is collapsed and extended?The factory stock is already very short to begin with,I can imagine it being any shorter.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't know the exact measurements but I can tell you it is at LEAST 2 inches shorter than the original stock when it is fully collapsed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#21]
One of my goals in life is to defy every traditon that I think is pointless and obsolete. I don't sit around gazing lovingly at my AK. I slap a 40 rounder in it and take of through the woods and underbrush. If the need to do a little sniping arises, I extend the stock and do it. if I have to spray, or operate in close quarters, I can shorten the stock and do that too. I like options.People cling to their traditons like they have no brain.  To defy the laws of tradition......is a crusade for the ultra brave.
             Les Claypool
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
One of my goals in life is to defy every traditon that I think is pointless and obsolete. I don't sit around gazing lovingly at my AK. I slap a 40 rounder in it and take of through the woods and underbrush. If the need to do a little sniping arises, I extend the stock and do it. if I have to spray, or operate in close quarters, I can shorten the stock and do that too. I like options.People cling to their traditons like they have no brain.  To defy the laws of tradition......is a crusade for the ultra brave.
             Les Claypool

And that's certainly your right to do so.  It's your rifle and you can do to it as you please.  Just prepare yourself for a lot of negative feedback from others over the "tactical" AK look.... especially a M4 stock.  While I am morally opposed to it, I do support your right to choose.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Abominations abound! where will it end?http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/hillmillenia/jld004.jpg
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Abominations abound! where will it end?
i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/hillmillenia/jld004.jpg

For some reason, that stock looks much better on that HK than on an AK.  I still wouldn't do it though myself.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top