Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:23:10 PM EDT
my ak probably has about 1500 rounds thru it, the pistol grip came loose, but that was easy to fix... just tightened it with an allen key.  But now the stock is coming loose, and has a little play in it.  I first thought ok, no prob the screws must have loosened from the recoil of 1500 rounds. But all the external screws of the stock were snug as can be... How can there be play in the stock if all the screws are snug?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the rear trunion moving?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Try removing it and wrapping a few wraps of electrical tape and reinserting...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is the rear trunion moving?

whats the rear trunion?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The rear trunion is the part that the stock is screwed to..on a WASR it is placed inside of the rear section of the bent sheetmetal reciever and rivets go through the trunion and reciever and it's riveted in place....if the rivets are loose it could cause the trunion to move/ therefore causing the stock to move even though the screws mounting it to the trunion are tight. Hope I explained it ok..good-Luck.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The rear trunion is the part that the stock is screwed to..on a WASR it is placed inside of the rear section of the bent sheetmetal reciever and rivets go through the trunion and reciever and it's riveted in place....if the rivets are loose it could cause the trunion to move/ therefore causing the stock to move even though the screws mounting it to the trunion are tight. Hope I explained it ok..good-Luck.

so, if thats the case, my only choices are use it loose or replace the stock right.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
No, if the rear trunion is loose in the reciever, the rivets need to be re-pinched(I don't know the better way to describe it) or replaced....If the rifle is new, you might want to send it back to the monkeys at century and have them repair or replace it, or you could have someone who has the proper tools to repair it for you...you could check your local gunsmith...sometimes you can find someone from this forum that has the tools and will do it for you. Maybe there will be a group build coming up or something that you can take the rifle to and get it fixed free...Check the build it yourself section you might find some help there. Good-Luck.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top