Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/18/2006 7:09:16 PM EDT
Does anyone know if Romania ever had an AKM side folder? Somthing similar to the East German sidefolder.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they did.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Any links to a picture of it? Or information about them??
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately, I didn't save a picture of one but someone here will probably have the picture of two Romanian soldiers carrying their side folding stock AKMs while they're both carrying a large ammo box.  

ETA: I found a photo of one.  This photo was taken by board member Stottman...

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Great,
Thanks Tapeo. I had just not seen any actual AKM's with the side folder. That should be a good photo to clone off of. I also see that they were using the push button folder, which was my main reason for wanting to see a photo of one. I would think that the recent issue AIMS74 would be using the lever type folder.  Any other info would be great.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, my understanding is that the lever folder was the early version. It was basically a copy of the East German folders.  Later, they redesigned it to create the pushbutton folder.  If you look at the pushbutton version you can see it's better made and has more thought into it... well, except for maybe the fact that the pushbutton is hard to press.

Not saying thats true, only what I've read.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
it looks like this.  notice the button on the back of the stock.  they also made a lever style too.

i just finished building it this morning.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:32:56 AM EDT
[#7]
http://code10.kalashnikov.guns.ru/rom.html

Next question, how is that AKM hovering in mid air?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
http://code10.kalashnikov.guns.ru/rom.html

Next question, how is that AKM hovering in mid air?  

it's just in total awe of the Valmet above it i know i am
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top