Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:48:38 AM EDT
Just got this back from AKUSA..... I really like the look.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great!!

hink
"MY AIMS-74 clone"

Ditch that laminate upper and get a Romanian bakelite upper h/g and your finished!!

Looks great "as is" though.

Here is mine with a Romy bakelite upper h/g but sans Romanian bakelite p/g>
http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/160662003sar-2.JPG

Question Lxpony . . . how did you get around the BATF 992 rules by installing a Romy p/g?
Did you use a USA-Made '74 floorplate?

It's nice to start a "family" pic thread btw!

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks great!  Even though I don't like shooting with it, seeing these pictures makes me want to put my forward grip lower handguard back on mine.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Question Lxpony . . . how did you get around the BATF 992 rules by installing a Romy p/g?
Did you use a USA-Made '74 floorplate?

something like that, plus I have a US brake on their which makes up for pre-existing US parts
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:45:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

something like that,

Don't be coy. If it's not exactly "like that", then how'd you do it? I'm sure there are others of us who are interested in having a 922(r) compliant exact AIMS-74 clone, so please share. I wasn't aware that the US-made -74 floorplates worked with the steel mags?

I have a US brake on their which makes up for pre-existing US parts

It only makes up for it if in fact your mag floorplate is US made.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed you need one more US part... floor plate, or follower... (or receiver).  Thoe obvious solution to all of this is to have ironwood designs make us a US made foregrip

Laxpony sent it off for the work so it's likely there is a custom US follower or something in that mag.  Thats my guess. Check out that upturned bolt carrier.  Niiiice :)

BTW, I used to not like the feel of that foregrip but I do now... shoulder bumping should feel more in control too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#6]
exactly.... all legal
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top