Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:22:29 PM EDT
How do some of you guys get them to shine so bright. Ive got a dremmel and every thing, i just can figure it out. I dont really know if iv even got the right head attachment. im useing a steel wire brush......................Please help!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Use wet/dry sandpaper.  Starting with 220 grit to smooth things out, then onto 300 grit until you see no more of the scratches the 220 left behind, then to 400, so on and so forth until you reach the level of shine you desire.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Like above, then get a wire wheel attachment and grind the heck out of it. Makes it real shinny, and theres a pretty spark show.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of wire wheel, i tried two kinds and they didnt do shit except lightly sand. BTW i tried a steel carbide ww, and some kind of regular basic steel ww. thank you guys
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Try this...it worked for me:

link

You can get everything at Wal-Mart. The bluing remover is in sporting goods, and the Eagle 1 Nevr Dull is in automotive.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
after a light sanding to remove any finish and scratches use a polishing wheel set up in a bench grinder with some polishing rouge. both can be purchased at sears. apply the rouge to the spinning wheel the work the metal back and forth slowly till you get the desired results. i did one with an almost mirror finish and another with a brushed finish. once you learn how it's very fast and effective. if you want to see pice of the setup or finished job email me...j
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Wire wheel and a DeWalt.

Don't be afraid of hurting the bolt carrier. Lean into the dude with the drill on high..
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#7]

You'll have to polish it every other time ya shoot it!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You'll have to polish it every other time ya shoot it!  

Who told you that crap?!?

I stripped all the black stuff off my AK bolt three years ago and have shot the living hell out it ever since. No rust. No problems at all.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#9]

I had mine polished before and went back to blued after the first time I shot it ... too much work to keep it shiny. Besides who needs bling on an ak.

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top