Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:06:17 PM EDT
I got a new WASR that is having failure to feed problems. When a round is chambered, the charging handle is sticking about 7/8" short of fully closed. I can't force it the rest of the way. With no round, the handle goes fully forward. I thought that maybe the bolt was hanging in the handle, so I polished everything and rubbed out any places that looked rough. No luck...still hangs.

I swapped the CH & bolt from another WASR onto this one, and it hung too. I'm starting to really think there is a receiver problem.

This is a new unfired rifle. If I can't get it figured out, I think I'll send it back and swap for another one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:22:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the chamber for a shell casing or other meterial...maybe something is preventing the round from chambering.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I spoke with my dealer today. He told me that he has seen the same problem in a few other WASR's lately, and he also suspects a receiver problem. I sent the rifle back for replacement.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
could have been a headspace problem.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine only does this every so often with HP rounds.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same problem with HP rounds when I got mine, after I took it apart to bake the cosmoline off everything works fine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]

after I took it apart to bake the cosmoline off everything works fine.

+1
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, Mine does it too with hollow points,The HPs Are getting hung right under the barrel.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top