Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/19/2006 3:04:14 AM EDT
 noticed on some romanian kits there is a red G on the side of the rifle underthe rear sight.looked on my sar-1 and there is one there too( but now black where rifle was refinished)  what sit meen?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
tapeo1 explains it well:

Quoted:

Quoted: First, what does the orange "G" stand for on the driver side of the front trunnion?  
img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/DSC02802.jpg

The orange "G" stands for "Garda" which is Romanian for guard. This past October, I went to the Romanian National Military Museum in Bucharest.  The rifles were for the Patriotic Guard and not the regular army.  The display for the black banded Patriotic Guard rifles said that they were semi-auto only.  All the full auto parts were in the rifle except that the full auto disconnector had the tail ground off which made it fire semi auto only.  The Patriotic Guard was mandatory service for all highschool aged kids... girls and boys.  Think of it as a combination of the Young Pioneers and the National Guard.  Here is a picture of the black banded Patriotic Guard rifle I took at the museum...

tinypic.com/es95rr.jpg

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
thank you. mine is on the other side? oh we'll.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top