Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 11:58:16 AM EDT
I am trying to remove the wood cover the is on the gas tube. How does one go about accomplishing this task?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Put a monkey wrench on the metal end (like where it connects to the site block) and then twist it off with your hand, being careful not to crack it.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I apologize. Let be be a little more specific. I have removed the gas tube. I want to remove the wood from the gas tube. If I do as you suggest, it appears that I would bend something that should not be bent. I am not to concerned about cracking the wood because I am putting a TAPCO Forearm on anyway. I was just wondering if there is an easier way to remove the wood as opposed to spintering it off.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The upper handguard twists off the gas tube.  You can put the rear of the tube in a vise and twist off the handguard.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The upper handguard twists off the gas tube.  You can put the rear of the tube in a vise and twist off the handguard.

I don't think that wil work for this one. The wood is lapped under the metal at both ends. I'll give it a try anyway.

Thanks guys and keep the suggestions coming.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
well, it worked, but there's nothing left of the wood.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top