Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/7/2006 7:32:01 AM EDT
I just stopped by the local gun show. GP WASRs were $370. No way - one of the better dealers is not there, and always has them for $330.

But... Another dealer has Eubanks built on Romanian kits. Finished in Duracoat. I only found one which fit my EG mags - but nice and tight. It had a laminated stock. $470. I passed. I can go back later this afternoon - 10 min. down the road. Is it worth it?

Ironically, they had others with synthetic stocks, right US length, for same proce, but they don't take my mags at all...

Or should I wait for a right priced WASR 10 in a month or so...

Thanks!

(The Eubanks is made in Ariz. and has a 5 year warranty..., but I trust a Romanian reciever a bit more, and don't mind tweeking a WASR)
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
the wsar for 330 isn't bad. thats about what it will come to if you order it online and go through a FFL. 370 isn't that bad of a markup, although i would rather go the route of an online order and a FFL and save some money.

its not worth it in my opinion to buy a romy build for 470. for that kinda bread i would rather toss down a tiny bit more and pick up a whole different quality of weapon. you dont need a 5 year warranty, its an AK. thats a nice way for them to tack something on there that isn't needed imo.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I decided to wait.  By the end of January I will see WASRs for $330 and in better quantity - hopefully better quality.  The two I saw today ($370) did not look that great.  I had tried one recently that had a very good trigger - these did not.  The show coming up is over twice as big, and one of the dealers there will have many WASRs at a better price  It is funny - both WASRs took mags better than the Eubanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Or you could just build your own for $200($89 Romy kit, $50 Receiver, $8 rivots and $34 FCG)

I have had 2 WASR's and I can build a much nicer rifle for $300

You gotta have some tools: $133 press, $150 jig, $20 drill or $40 dremil and a $6 chisel.

Even cheaper if you wanna do a screw build.

Once you have the tools and do one you will realize how easy it is.

I have built almost all of my rifles (except 3)

Nothing like holding something you have built with your own two hands.

This is my first one, the second one will look much nicer.

Quoted:
I decided to wait.  By the end of January I will see WASRs for $330 and in better quantity - hopefully better quality.  The two I saw today ($370) did not look that great.  I had tried one recently that had a very good trigger - these did not.  The show coming up is over twice as big, and one of the dealers there will have many WASRs at a better price  It is funny - both WASRs took mags better than the Eubanks.

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top