Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/2/2006 4:38:54 AM EDT
In the WASR and SAR guns, is there any inherent advantage because of parts interchangeablility and the flood of parts available?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup. Not sure what's going to break, but if something does almost the entire world is awash in kalashnikovs.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Find a SAR.
Get a WASR only if you are desperate.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Never understood what makes a SAR so much better than a WASR-10.  The magazine doesnt wobble?  I have a WASR-10 that i fixed up nicely and it is quite accurate, about 5 or so inch groups at 100 yards.  I guess the SAR is more original with less modifying needed, but the WASR is still a damn nice gun for the money.  A little refinishing of the stock and some accessories and it looks quite nice.

http://x11.putfile.com/1/223133215.jpg
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Never understood what makes a SAR so much better than a WASR-10.  The magazine doesnt wobble?  I have a WASR-10 that i fixed up nicely and it is quite accurate, about 5 or so inch groups at 100 yards.  I guess the SAR is more original with less modifying needed, but the WASR is still a damn nice gun for the money.  A little refinishing of the stock and some accessories and it looks quite nice.

x11.putfile.com/1/223133215.jpg

Two things.

#1 Many of the first WASRs were build badly with crude machining, canted Front Sight Blocks and Gas Blocks.

#2 The Wasr came into America with a single stack mag trunnion that is then milled out by Century Arms. To say CA has poor QC is to put it nicely. Your's sounds like it was done right, but a lot of guys have been burned by these jokers.

Put these two together and you have a perfect Sh!t storm.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, it's just like anything Century touches. Hit and miss. I've yet to see a Century-monkeyed gun that didn't need a little work. They usually can be fixed cheaply however and make a good shooter. I have owned several CETMEs and a WASR, all Century of course, and they all needed a little TLC to run well.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top