Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/1/2006 10:46:22 AM EDT
hey guys, i am making a road trip tomorrow to pick out a Romanian Dragunov-style sniper (i know its not a REAL Dragunov, but i like them.)  the dealer told me he has 9 of them!  and i get to pick the best one out of all of them.
so my question is, what should i look for?  these are Tennesse Guns builds and i know some people have a few problems with them working 100% right out of the box, so i was wondering if anybody has any tips  on what i should look for functionality-wise.  any info would be appreciated!!
thanks fellas!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Fit and finish. Make sure it is rivited and not screwed together. Check for anything bent or canted. Make sure the bolthold is in there. Check the smoothness of the triggers. Make sure the muzzle break is solid and the weld is not cracking. Matching number kit. Pull the mag out and pull the bolt back see if it sticks because the rails are too tight. It is still an ak so it wont be perfect but don't settle because they should still be pretty nice. Also don't shoot albanian, think about a recoil buffer and buy as much czhec silvertip as you can. It is about the only stuff I dont have problems with. Also wolf is pretty good.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top