Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/27/2005 9:42:56 AM EDT
thought maybe someone here might be able to help me, my sar-1 is getting light primer strikes every now and then, seems like it is more often when i bump fire it, actually didnt start doing it until i started bump firing. but it still does it about once a mag full shooting single fires. the rounds will fire if you eject them, load them in the mag and recharge the bolt. is it a firing pin problem? oh yea, its not the ammo. a buddy is shooting the same ammo- wolf and silver bear. he has no problems like this.

thanks   tim
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Check that the firing pin is a free floating fit in the bolt.
If there is some grit or sludge in there the firing pin won't hit the primer well enough.
Dribble some break free or other good solvent in the backside and work the pin back & forth. You can flush it like that and even blow compressed air in the front side to blow stuff to the rear. Once it's moving freely put a drop of lube in  there and try it again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Stock trigger group, no work done on it? I had a trigger group that had been polished that started to do the same. Except mine was shooting 2 or 3 at a time while trying to do slow fire, followed by light hits. Finally just traded it out for a G2.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
yea, its the stock trigger, been thinking about a G-2 or (red star )?  just havent done it yet. doesnt really seem like a trigger problem though. any other thoughts or suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
May also want to look in the receiver, make sure there's nothing extra floating around in there.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top