Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:08:44 PM EDT
Need some suggestions on getting the front sight of my GP WASR-10 to move left and right.  I have one of those C clamp and when I try to move the sight, it just wedges the sight base in the hole in the C clamp.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/sightin.htm Check that link, it should tell you everything.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Carefully sight in your WASR using a good sand bag or table for a bench at 25 yards with elevation set at 1.  May only need a tweak to raise elevation.  Mine was sighted in fine for windage, just looks offset due to the slight cant.  Just bagged a rabbit at 30 yards from offhand through the rib cage with a WASR while my son bagged the twin of it with a shotgun at the same time and range.  Clean hole through the liver with the 7.62, 6 scattered pellets with the shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I've already seen that page.  What I am saying is that the front site post will not move left and right.  I've taken a hammer to it and it still won't move.  I think I need some kind of pentrating oil or lubricant or something to free up the sight so it will move.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The first time I adjusted mine it was really stiff.  I had to use a small cheater bar for extra leverage on the sight tool.  Now it moves tight but doable.  The hole in the other side of the tool is to accomodate the sight cylinder as it moves.  Do check to make sure there are no burrs on the sight cylinder or teh edges of the tool opening.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The first time I adjusted mine it was really stiff.  I had to use a small cheater bar for extra leverage on the sight tool.  Now it moves tight but doable.  The hole in the other side of the tool is to accomodate the sight cylinder as it moves.  Do check to make sure there are no burrs on the sight cylinder or teh edges of the tool opening.

Never had to move mine but have moved friend's with cheater bars (aka large heavy pipe).
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top