Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 2:41:02 PM EDT
Can somebody pass me this info?  Ive googled and searched and come up with nada.  I want to confirm my suspicions on a purchase I just made.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It's hard to say.  In general, the price on these have almost tripled in the last year or so due to the high demand for folding stocks after the ban had expired.  So they dried up rather quickly and nobody seems able to get a good supply anymore for unknown reasons (supply to Iraq maybe?). All the rommy kits being built up plus the popularity of the Rommy SAR's and WASR's also increased the demand.  they're going for anywhere from about $65-$85 these days, sometimes even higher. A year ago you could get them for about $25.  hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:25:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I want to confirm my suspicions on a purchase I just made.

If you paid $100 and felt you should have paid $50 just go shoot it. You'll get the other $50 back in the enjoyment and comfort of using it. When you can't get them the value goes up exponentially and yours will too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#3]
My concern was that I paid $45 while people are quoting $85 and up so Im quite pleased.  Ive even thought about re-selling it and getting a german one, but others have complained about the toggle lever pinching and how hard it is to fold them.  That big a$$ Romy button makes for quick function on my WASR.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of these stocks that I purchased back before the CB died and I am also amazed at the demand for them...  I have not installed mine yet as I like my SAR-1 as it is but I am planning to use it on a Romy AKM build soon....

Here is a really nice looking SAR-1 with one mounted...

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=122&t=295656

Almost makes me want to put it on mine...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
You got a GREAT deal.   I have an E. German folder and love it. I'd love to get a Romy folder as well, but the ONLY retailer I found that offers them is selling them for $85.

I wish I had an overseas connection, you could make a fortune.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a guy selling em here but his source has dried up.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been shooting with them for awhile now and am almost ready to go back to the standard stock.
Other than cutting the length in half for travel, shooting with them is uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have one of these stocks that I purchased back before the CB died and I am also amazed at the demand for them...  I have not installed mine yet as I like my SAR-1 as it is but I am planning to use it on a Romy AKM build soon....

Here is a really nice looking SAR-1 with one mounted...

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=122&t=295656

Almost makes me want to put it on mine...

Sorry just had to gloat... that really nice SAR1 with rommy sidefolder is on it's way to my FFL :)

I had heard enough about how they are the most comfortable folder stock and decided I had to have it... nice black furniture too.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top