Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/10/2005 2:19:07 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting a Romanian A.K. that looks like a real AK47. I see the Romanian Ak's have a plastic pistol grip and I'm wondering do all of them come like that or can I get one with a hardwood pistol grip? Also how many version's are there too get? I see Hi-cap and Lo-cap models which I understand means Hi-cap can hold 10rd-20rd-30rd-40rd and drum magazines and Lo-cap can only hold 10rd-20rd magazines? Correct? I don't know much about the AK forsale today and any help would be very much appreciated. I don't want to spend more than $400.00 so my options are limited. Some AK's I see have a 45 degree compensator and some don't I would like to get one without the compensator. Anyone know where to order one and does anyone have any pictures of the AK I described? Http:www.classicarms.us is the web-site I've been looking at.

Thanks
Matt G
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Classic Arms has a good reputation online.  You can also check out Aim Surplus.
There are also some WASR's on Gunbroker without the slant brake.

Required reading for a Romanian owner: www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/

Low cap versions are limted to 10 round single stack magazines.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
all come from the factory with plastic grips.  hardwood can be had for reasonable prices.  on the romanian AKs it'll have to be U.S. made to keep the parts count accurate.  ironwood designs is the most popular U.S. made wood grip.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
wood grips give you blisters. you should be happy with plastic grips.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Does the slanted 45 degree compensator unscrew on New Romanian AKs?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes, and they are reverse threaded.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#6]
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1240&sku=WX%2D109&imgid=&mscssid=7UCN94FEAD029LDU7E9UL09A9DR34R49

Will this stock work on a new Romanian? Do they have a milled or stamped receiver?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1240&sku=WX%2D109&imgid=&mscssid=7UCN94FEAD029LDU7E9UL09A9DR34R49

Will this stock work on a new Romanian? Do they have a milled or stamped receiver?
thanks

Lots of work to get an underfolder to work.  It's not worth it, build a new one from the ground up from a kit or get an underfolder if you want one.  The Romanian will be a stamped receiver.  A good option for folders is either a Romanian or East German wire sidefolder.  They're drying up (very close to it), so get one while you can.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]
"

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and they are reverse threaded.

"Reverse" threaded?  A standard AK break won't fit on this then?  Does anyone sell one that will?
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top