Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 7:27:23 PM EDT
I've got a 2001 SAR 1, and I've got a slant break- I just need to thread the barrel. (14x1 LHT)
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The is a member named wjm here that rents the barrel threading kits.  

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=287567
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the proper  die for threading them.  It's new in the wrapper $35 + shipping
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#3]
i have a threading setup as well--die, handle, and (most importantly) the alignment tool to make sure your threads are cut straight.

if you can't get ahold of WJM feel free to drop me a PM or email (email preferred) at armed.ferret(at)gmail.com and we can work something out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
ok build newbie question, how hard is it to thread a barrel with one of these kits?  Is this something a fellow who has issues with oil changes can do while drinking a beer and expect to knock it out in 10 minutes?  Wht tools are involved?  I found a 991 sitting around that I want to redo as an evil rifle, I pulled the muzzle nut and its bare barrel

TIA
James
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top