Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/29/2005 5:43:05 PM EDT
While on vacation this past weekend I stopped at a local gun store and found tons of nice Romanian AKs.. some of them had the turned up bolt carrier handle which I had seen in pics but never in person.. Are these bolt carriers more authentic Romanian ones??? Are they of higher value then the regular straight ones????
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
My Romak II has an up turned handle too. I believe these rifles with up turned bolt handles were to be used with the Romanian folding butt stocks. The up turned handle wouldn't get in the way of the folded stock. I am not sure if they are more valuable but I am hanging on to mine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#2]
They also allow the operator to charge the weapon with the left hand easier.  Similar to the Galil but not as drastic.  I believe this is correct for the Romanian AK-74 types.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, the up turned Charging handle was designed to facilitate use with the side folding stock on the Romanian weapons.

And, as a happy consequence it does make left handed charging easier, (as long as no optic is mounted).
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top