Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/28/2005 6:13:32 PM EDT
As I was reading around about the WASR GP because i just purchased one and read some where something about this particular gun not having dimples on the receiver by the mag well. I was wondering if this is a bad thing? And wondering if there is anything that could be a potential problem from buying one through AIM surplus? Does anyone have any suggestions on things that should be replaced on the gun? any common problems with this particular model? thanks alot
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the "DarkSide".  I too have just picked up a GP WASR.  I replaced the lamo wood w/ black furniture.  Look inside the receiver for the FCG.  It should be G2.  If not, might consider that.  Buy mags and ammo.  You don't need no stinking dimples.  

Mine looks rough, but looks pure EVIL!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:49:34 AM EDT
[#2]
no, the lack of dimples wont cause any problems. like he said, a lot of people dont like the furniture, but if you are a fan of wood. dont throw it away/sell it. the wood on the wsar is great to strip with chemical stripper and dye. it comes out looking great. the other option is of course, like he said, synth stocks from k-var. depends what you want the gun to look like. take a look through the picture threads and find somehting that appeals to you, thats always a fun start.

take it out shooting before you replace the trigger. some need it, some dont. mine feels great and i havent had to replace it. and no, aim is a great place to order from.

welcome to the dark side btw.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top