Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/27/2005 3:55:05 PM EDT
In doing a search I didn't find much referance to the synthetic folders that companies like
Tapco and Sprotsman guide sell.  Has any one put them on their Romanian  guns like the
WASR? They state minor fitting may be required to the stamped  receiver but is it really
minor compared to installation of some metal side folders?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the most you have to do is to reduce the sides and bottom of the insert to let it fit into the rifle.  It is the same amount of work I had to do to fit a KVar plastic stock to my SAR1.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:24:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Has any one put them on their Romanian  guns like the
WASR? They state minor fitting may be required to the stamped  receiver but is it really
minor compared to installation of some metal side folders?  Thanks.

I have installed probably a dozen of these on WASRs and another 3 or 4 on Arsenal SLRs, at the gunshop where I work part-time. Every one of 'em has been drop-in. Removing the old wood stock is often the hardest part (especially if you're trying to do so without damaging it)!

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to all for the info. I know little about AKs but want a cheap, compact SHTF
gun to store in my RV. I would hate to lose an AR but something like a $300 WASR
would not be the end of the world if stolen from a storage compartment.
Knowning these folders fit easy helps.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top