Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/24/2005 10:56:10 AM EDT
I know next to nothing about Ak's, but was thinking about getting into them and was wondering if this http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/NEW_AK_WASR_RIFLE_w__Bayonet_Lug___Muzzle_Break.html was a decent first Ak? What features on this thing are crap and what is good? would it be possible to put a bulgarian side folding stock on it? What about putting an Ak style break on the barrel?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#1]
i got one two weeks ago.  works like a charm.  i got the romanian WASR, good starter rifle if you plan to get into the AK47 types.  i shot some wolf HP i got from cabela's for 75.00 bucks, 1000 rounds!  went smooth.  i dont have any pics since im a dumbass and cant figure out how to post pics in this forum...   have fun!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
WASR10

BTW, that is not a flash suppressor mounted on the end, rather a muzzle brake called the slant brake.

Also, posting pics is easy.  First, you have to find a site to host your pics.  In my case, I use my net provider to upload my pics to.  Then you need the link to the pic you uploaded.  Then when posting, there is a little icon down where the smily faces are and it looks like a little picture.  The icon is right next to the globe icon.

You click on the picture icon and then paste the link to the picture into the area provided (it tells you to enter the url).  Click OK and then the pic should appear.

Hint:  Some sites require the viewer to register with the picture hosting site to view the pic.  Bad idea to use those sites if you want anyone to view the pics.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#4]
My WASR-10 is a yr old and 2k rounds through and still works like a dream. Furniture kits and optics arent that expensive either . All in all this my fav gun outta the 3 I own
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#5]
definately worth it. a lot of people bash wsars, but its an ak. its not a sniper rifle. its not an expensive firearm that you expect to win a beauty pagent. if my wsar wong any kind of pagent that didn't involve mud, abuse, and rapid fire- i'd be pissed and want my money back.

putting a bulgarian folding stock on there isn't really an option. the bulgarian folders have to have the rear truncion replaced and that is more work that its worth. best advice, get a romanian wire folder for it. they're hard to find, but just keep a look out for them.

as for hosting pictures, use www.imageshack.us
its free, no registration or anything. simple to use. upload and you're done.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top