Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:44:12 PM EDT
My local dealer has a Romanian ak, it is the newer one with the forward pistol grip.  I'm thinking about buying one.  I was wondering if these are kit builds by Century? are the barrels new or used? are they indeed factory builds in Romania?  Any advice one of you more experienced ak owners could offer me would be appreciated.  This would be my first AK purchase.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If it has a vertical foregrip it's probably a rifle built from one of the romy kits. I don't think the the WASR 10s have vertical foregrips from the factory. Check to see how  the receiver is marked. That will tell you who assembled the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If it has a vertical foregrip it's probably a rifle built from one of the romy kits. I don't think the the WASR 10s have vertical foregrips from the factory. Check to see how  the receiver is marked. That will tell you who assembled the rifle.

Yup.

+1.

Look for an Arsenal mark on the front trunnion.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, Century did/does offer the new WASR10 with the donkey dick grip. Ive got it here in my shotgun news.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]

WASR10 with the donkey dick grip

I'll never look at a vertical forestock grip the same now.............
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'll never look at a vertical forestockskin grip the same now.............hr

Yep that really messed up the "cool factor" for me. Damn You!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll never look at a vertical forestockskin grip the same now.............hr

Yep that really messed up the "cool factor" for me. Damn You!

I don't care what some ignoramous calls them I think it is way cool and much better then the regular style.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Watch it, pal. If youve been into the Romanian rifles for long, youve probably heard the term more than once.

Heres mine, complete with the infamous grip.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Watch it, pal. he

www.picyard.com/main/data/500/116DSCF4038-med.JPG

Is that a Century import or a custom build?  If Century import did you have the trigger problem I have been reading about.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Watch it, pal. If youve been into the Romanian rifles for long, youve probably heard the term more than once.

www.picyard.com/main/data/500/116DSCF4038-med.JPG

Is that a Century import or a custom build?  If Century import did you have the trigger problem I have been reading about.

Its a Dominion Import Group import, circa 1997. Ive put a lot of work into it, it originally came with a Romanian fire control group, now it uses a Tapco G2 single hook.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Say what you will about the phallic forend on the Romys, but they are sweet for bumpin.... and they make the rifle easier to handle for my smallish wife.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top