Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/22/2005 12:07:19 PM EDT
I installed a Tapco G2 double hook in my WASR hi-cap to alleviate the occasional trigger slap I encountered (even after trying linx310's fix). Now the slap is very bad and painful. After only about a dozen rounds I developed a blood blister on my finger. Has anybody encountered this with the G2? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
. I have installed 2 G2's... I haven't had this problem. Hope you are able to fix it... WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you intall it with the pin sleave that goes through the trigger and disconnector?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I used the sleeve that is part of the setup. I had this exact trigger in another AK and it didn't do this. I wonder if this had something to do with the location of the pinhole, or with the shape of the bolt carrier (maybe it hits the hammer in a certain way). I had a mild slap with the original century stuff, but this is downright painful.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe a stupid question but,
Does the reciever have the appropriate cut outs in front of the trigger guard to accomodate the double hook?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
WASR-10's use a S/H FCG.  Yeah, maybe that's the problem.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you post pics?

Max
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Five minutes and a dremel tool should solve your problem.

Look at the trigger opening and you will see the cut out for the single hook.  You have to duplicate this on the other side of the rectangular trigger cut out if you want to use a double hook.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm kinda surprised that the double hook trigger was even able to work at all with only the cutout on the WASR for a single hook.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:00:31 AM EDT
[#10]
i noticed the fcg in my wsar feels like a two stage trigger, whereas the g2 definately does not. why is that?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Is there any advantage to a double hook trigger?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Some folks say that the double trigger gives a smoother trigger, but I can't tell any difference.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry for the slow reply. Yes I did make the cutout for the double hook. I doubt the trigger would work without it. It pulls smoothly and doesn't seem to hang. Haven't had a chance to mess with it lately; I still think it might have something to do with the bolt/hammer contact area or the pinhole. I guess worst case I could go back to the Century parts.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#14]
One thing to make sure of is that during the motion ( Pull of the trigger ) that the trigger isn't comeing in contact with the receiver. I did have a G2 that I needed to dremel alittle off the trigger. The lower part .It was dragging on my receiver . Check that out. Good luck, WarDawg
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top