Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/22/2005 9:56:55 AM EDT
Took my PSL out shooting for the first time last night using handloaded Graf brass, 4064 powder and .308 SBT 150grn bullets.  I shot prone, using a rucksack as a rest.  The first three shots tore into a ragged oval roughly .8 inches.

After that, I started futzing around with the turrets and was all over the place.  I attribute that to operator malfunction  , a warm barrel, different powder charges, and the .308 bullets.  My next attempt will be with 174grn Hornady FMJBT loaded towards the lower end of the powder range.  If I'm not happy with that, I'll be trying the Sierra 150grn .311 spitzers.

As has been stated before, these rifles eat brass for dinner.  The brass I recovered is pretty much unuseable.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I used Czech (20 rounds) and the Polish (80 rounds) copper washed stuff.  Out of 100 rounds fired, 4 were duds (those scare the hell out of me) and about 50% were FTF with me having to push the bolt home.  The Czech stuff did fine with no problems.  I most likely have to do some tweaking on the rails.  Since I couldn't really get the scope sighted in, I can't say anything about accuracy...

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I had my heart set on one of these but it seems like a lot of work for not so good accuracy.  I'll just have to wait and see.

Max
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Alot of people I talked to said that if you feed them the right ammo they're quite accurate. Mine shoots sub MOA till the barrel heats up, and that's on milsurp ammo that I paid $95 for 880 rounds. Wolf is nearly match ammo in 54R, at least from batch to batch, and it's non-corrosive. Personally I don't care if my PSL groups like a 12 gauge buck shot at 200 yards, it's so much fun to shoot, and cheap to boot, that it's well worth the money.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top