Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 10:19:49 PM EDT
I was wondering if theres any chance anybody could ever import SAR's again, it was my understanding that they were assembled from parts here, kindof like the Arsenals to get around the import laws, and at the time Century stopped listing them there was no BATF ruleing that I heared of, from the information I got it was a simple priceing dispute the Romanians started wanting more money, and Century wouldn't pay, there was no ban, so why doesn't someone import them again?....

If someone has evidence to the contrary post it, but I haven't seen evidence to any BATF ruleing yet, just speculation, there was a 1998 letter posted in another thread but SAR's were imported through 2003 so that can't be it....
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:47:07 AM EDT
[#1]
SAR's were imported to a customs warehouse and then century changed the fire control group, the pistol grip, and the gas piston to make them legal.  I doubt we will ever see them again.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I would like to know what happened as well. I took some time off of the forums and when I came back everyone just said that the SAR series was gone and I never heard what happened.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:44:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Speculation is the real AKM receivers were going to Iraq, thus ending the SAR line.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top