Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 7:37:59 PM EDT
How can I tell if an AK has a bayonet mount on it from a picture.  I need to know cause your not allowed to have one in NY if it is'nt a pre-ban.

Thanks...hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a picture...but it's REAL easy man. There is a piece of metal that hangs down from the metal block that the cleaning rod slides thru towards the bottom front of the barrel.

Take the time to look thru the pictures on this site and you will see it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
unless there is a big picture of the gas block, you can't really tell, if it's just a picture of the entire rifle from a distance.......your best bet is to e-mail whoever is selling it and ask.........if it does have  bayo lugs,  you can easily file it off. now if it has a threaded barrel that the muzzle attachment can be unscrewed, you are going to have to blind pin or silver solder that on so that it can't come off.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are planning on buying a romanian, the newest wasr10's out with muzzle brakes have bayo lugs. The older wasr10's w/o muzzle brakes don't. Nor do Sar1, 2, or 3 rifles.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#5]
My SAR1 came with te ears ground off the lug, thus saving the hole for the cleaning rod. As was said, unless it's a closeup pic you couldn't really tell.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Iam not buying my AK from them anymore anyway.  The one I was looking at from there company was'nt legal in NY.  So I found one on AR.  It's a little bit more money then the one that was on classic arms inc but it's legal where i'am from and the guy lives in the same state.  Can't wait to get it.  It will be my first AK and I hope I have alot of fun with it...hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool!

I really enjoy mine. I had it "unbanned" last fall with a new gas block with intact bayo lug and threaded the muzzle for a slant brake. Changed the Romy handguards for American made and added a Romy red plastic pistol grip. Rather retro, or traditional. Great little rifle. Fun as hell.

Congrats on your new baby!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cool!

I really enjoy mine. I had it "unbanned" last fall with a new gas block with intact bayo lug and threaded the muzzle for a slant brake. Changed the Romy handguards for American made and added a Romy red plastic pistol grip. Rather retro, or traditional. Great little rifle. Fun as hell.

Congrats on your new baby! hr

Yeah, I cant wait to get.  I heard that they were alot of fun.  Hey your AK sounds real nice, you got a picture?hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, since you asked.

There's also a pic, maybe this one or another one, somewhere in the Romy picture thread at the top of this forum.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet rifle Bob!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#11]
WOW!  thats a nice gun!hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys.

It really wasn't "cost effective" to unban the thing. But it had to be done, ya' know?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Thats a nice waffle mag on there too...  I like the bayo to bad bayo's arent allowed in NY.hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#14]

I like the bayo to bad bayo's arent allowed in NY.

WTF are the people in New York thinking? I used to live there when I was a kid, but I don't remember any laws against bayonets...when did this happen? Is New York going to end up like California? You need to get yourself and your friends busy getting petitions signed, sending daily letters to your senators and congressmen, keeping them enformed about your second ammendment rights before they strip them from you completely...I guess New York's government is trying to keep anyone from "drive-by bayonetting" someone.... Sheesh! Get involved....make a change in your local laws, and stick up for your rights!!

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I know NY sucks.  My mother lives in FL and when I go there it's amasing what you can buy there besides here in NY.  I don't understand why you cant have a bayo?  Like you said are we gonna do drive by bayonetting.  Makes no sence.  Cant even have a flash hider.  Also a big pain with the hi-cap mags.hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Cool!

Congrats on your new baby!

I'm planning on doing that to mine to can you tell me how you did it, where did you get the block, were the holes pre-dilled, did the holes line up, if they weren't pre-drilled where did you find the correct size bit so the correct origional Romanian pins will fit, and what size was it, did you have to fill in the old holes, if so what with, could you do it yourself, or did it require a gunsmith, if you did it yourself could you do it by hand or did you need a press or special tools, do you have pictures of the job in progress, is there any other information you can volunteer?....
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:54:34 AM EDT
[#17]

I sent the gun to a 'smith in Colo. Springs. He was the closest one I could find with AK/AR/black rifle experience. He did a fine job, buy I pretty much have the same questions as you in how it's done.

The gas block/front site bases need to have the cross pin holes drilled and are a press fit. That much I know.

I got the parts I needed at KVAR.com in the weeks before the ban expired. I figured there would be a run on the parts if I waited until after.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top