Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:31:45 PM EDT
Well now I have a problem, my AK (RomAK GP WASR-10 HiCap) jams. It was jamming about 1/2 from the one mag with 20 rounds and about 1/5 with the one I loaded with 10. The tip of the bullet gets caught on the barrel/chamber/feed ramp (whichever it's called on this particular rifle). I'm using Olympic 7.62x39 and using two mags (used it looks like) that came with the rifle. The extractor seemed to work fine, everything else was flawless and the rifle was clean and lubed. It feeds and cycles snap caps just fine because they're a little bit shorter and the tip is a more round. Do I polish the feed ramp or do I get new mags or something else I'm missing?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
have you tried it on a different ammo or just that one ammo?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That and Wolf.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Try different magazines if possible.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered two Pro Mag 30 round Composite mags, unfortunately I don't know anyone to let me borrow some.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I was having a similar problem, but with hollowpoints....I THINK I have it fixed, but haven't verified it yet...What I did was to bend the feed lips on my steel mag up and out slightly on the front of the mag with a pair of vice grips...it made the first round in the mag tilt up just slightly...if you bend it up too much it won't even go into the rifle, and you will have to bend it back...Before I did this I couldn't get the rifle to feed the first hollowpoint, now it seems to feed ok, but I need to get some ammo and go to the range to try it out for sure, Good -Luck.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:46:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the exact same problem. Look at the pictures I posted in this  thread . I should be getting the rifle back from the dealer today or tomorrow. He said he hasn't seen my problem before in an AK and he made several calls to the suppler and told me he was "throating" it out some more. It said it also was only doing it with the bullet from the right side of the mag. He also said the AK was designed to use steel casings and maybe the brass was hanging some on the lip of the feed ramp area, being the brass was softer and and was biteing on the edge.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top