Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2005 4:49:39 PM EDT
I am ubernoob but I got my GP WASR-10 Hi Cap today and it has the cleaning..capsule(?)..that goes in the stock but how do I get it back out?  Do I use a finger to push the trap door open and let the capsule come out or is there some super secret I don't know yet?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Do I use a finger to push the trap door open and let the capsule come out

You answered your own question.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, reason I asked was that trap door almost took my finger off twice, just making sure I wasn't doing something stupid.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Be sure not to stick yer finger too far up that hole. (thats actually good advice for a lot of things), as there have been more than a few discussions about guys getting their finger stuck in the butt stock hole. When you first push the trap door open, use your finger to press the door to one side, instead of just going straight in. Also be careful as the spring can shoot the cleaning kit into your finger and jam it as well. Finally, does anyone actually use the cleaning kit? When I clean my rifle, I use an alluminum rod with a plastic head, as to avoid scratching the inside of the barrel. The rod and loop in the kit are steel, and are more of a curriosity than anything else.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a boresnake, and have totally eliminated every problem you folks listed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I put mine in there, and actually forgot about it till I read this thread!
I'm sure Frued would have something to say about shoving a round, cylinderic object up the butt stock.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I try to acquire and keep a cleaning kit for all my "military" style rifles. But I only use them if I need to in the field. For cleaning at home I use the good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I never heard of anyone losing a finger.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
 The stock tool kit can be useful. There is a slot in the body of the tube that fits on the gas tube locking lever & is used to pry it up for removal of gas tube.The cap of the tube itself can be used as a muzzle guide. Just put it on the rod first(open end toward the brush end of rod), insert brush or jag, the place the muzzle guide down over muzzle. It will keep cleaning rod from rubbing the bore.

Also if you have an SKS, the cleaning tube cap for those can be locked onto the muzzle by a simple twist, the it becomes a blank firing attatchment.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 The stock tool kit can be useful. There is a slot in the body of the tube that fits on the gas tube locking lever & is used to pry it up for removal of gas tube.The cap of the tube itself can be used as a muzzle guide. Just put it on the rod first(open end toward the brush end of rod), insert brush or jag, the place the muzzle guide down over muzzle. It will keep cleaning rod from rubbing the bore.

Also if you have an SKS, the cleaning tube cap for those can be locked onto the muzzle by a simple twist, the it becomes a blank firing attatchment.

I was going to say the same! Plus there's that handy dandy front sight elevation adjustment tool in there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:41:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the cap on the SKS cleaning kit is intended to be a guide for the cleaning rod. I don't think it's a BFA.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Makes you wonder about ole kalashnikov.  Was he a little funny?  
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top