Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/30/2004 5:54:36 AM EDT
joe ken is selling amd-65's with red jacket firearms recievers on them for just a few dollars over the price for a wasr-10 . anyone know anyting about them? if i got one would a romy side folder fit on it? i know the amd's are hungarian and this is a romy forum but i figured since there is more people here i would get a better reply. thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
joe ken is selling amd-65's with red jacket firearms recievers on them for just a few dollars over the price for a wasr-10 . anyone know anyting about them? if i got one would a romy side folder fit on it? i know the amd's are hungarian and this is a romy forum but i figured since there is more people here i would get a better reply. thanks

Joeken Firearms is a terrible place to do business with.  If you order from them, expect to have your credit card charged immediately with no item shipping out for months, if at all.  Seriously, you can check the AK Discussions board and see the weekly "look what stupid shit joeken did now" thread.

Stay away, friend, stay away.  Go to AIM Surplus, or SOG, or ORF, or another reputable dealer and get the WASR-10.  AIM is taking orders for the "no-ban" WASR-10s now for $320 a pop with a nice goody bag of toys.  (bayonet, mags, pouch, etc)

AIM Surplus

For what it's worth, I haven't heard of "Red Jacket Firearms" receivers before.  Web search turned up a single dead link that the cached page didn't impress me much.  You'd be better going with an AMD built around an OOW or Global Trades receiver--at least people (gunsmiths) have heard of those and are familiar with the quirks of these particular receivers.  My rule is, if you're a new company producing gun parts/receivers/etc, you need to have a decent web presence otherwise I'm not going to believe you take it seriously enough for me to buy your product.

ETA--

Atlantic Firearms carries a huge variety of AKs too.  Some are even from ORF.  They usually knock a couple dollars off the price of a firearm for AR15.com members too.

Atlantic Firearms
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:46:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Rookie'

The AMD65's redjacket builds for several distributors are on Vector recievers. RJF is in Baton Rouge, La. The one I have is very well done.  
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top