Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 4:28:01 AM EDT
Hey all..just picked up my first AK type rifle about three weeks ago.  Shot for the first time last week..what a blast, love it.  It is, however, a WASR 10 lo-cap.  I know my question has been asked before but I gotta ask anyway.  Is it only a case of widening the mag well to get this thing to accept hi-cap magazines.  I've read and understand the US parts involved to keep it  100% legal.  But is that the ONLY reason the US parts are needed?
The way it seems to me, widen the well and it'll work right?  swap the part to keep the govt. happy.  Thanks for any and all opinions.
BTW....The gun is a riot to shoot either way, and in NJ, the lo-cap may be the way to go anyway.
SPIKENTYKE
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, if its an 03 or later model. They used the wider trunnion. Most lo-cap WASRs are already coming with US compliant parts, so check for the 'C' stamp.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Guess I'll be leaving it the way it is for a while.  I'll wind up bringing it to a gunsmith to make sure its all in compliance.  Otherwise sell it or trade up in the future.  
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top