Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 9:17:05 PM EDT
Very happy with the purchase, rifle came with two 20 rounders.

Thx for the advice on the canted sight the first one I looked at was off center. Finish is a little rough, the wood needs restaining and it just seems to absorb dirt. Now comes the inevitable questions can I put one of those wire looking side folders on it?
(I'm a die hard Ar guy and don't know a damn thing about Ak's)

Let's talk mags. On Aim’s website they advertise synthetic green mags how do guys think they would hold up in a SHTF type scenario? The only synthetic mags I have experience with are Orlites. And I just don't see
plastic type mags holding up or locking in tight for very long. What mags do you guys prefer?
If this sounds like a lot of babbling I'm sorry maybe just a little too excited!!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
RPB Industries has 30-round Chinese mags in new-unissued condition for $6.95 a piece.  Product # AK00001.  Link: RPB

Chinese mags fit in my WASR while ribbed E. German mags don't.  May only be a small matter of a little work with a file on the mag release lever but food for thought.  IMHO Chinese mags have always looked the nicest.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
RPB Industries has 30-round Chinese mags in new-unissued condition for $6.95 a piece.  Product # AK00001.  Link: RPB

Chinese mags fit in my WASR while ribbed E. German mags don't.  May only be a small matter of a little work with a file on the mag release lever but food for thought.  IMHO Chinese mags have always looked the nicest.

Good luck.

They are out of them, called about a week ago
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the recommendations guys, I ordered ten of the waffle mags and the folding stock from K-var today!!  You have to love mail order gun parts, but waiting for the big brown truck sucks!!!
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top