Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/17/2004 10:54:16 PM EDT
With the death of the AWB, I want to tinker a bit with my SAR-2 and dress it up a bit.  Right now, it's all "factory" as I've been too busy tinkering my ARs to do much beyond shoot it (and install the RSA retainer plate).  I want to put an all-Romanian stock set on it (forward handguards, pistol grip, side folder), which would make me lose the US-made pistol grip.  That leaves the trigger group and gas piston as US parts.  The muzzle brake could be done in a US-made version, but since that adds to the overall count, I still need one more part.

So, boys and girls, what in a 5.45mm SAR-2 would be an easy choice?  The mag parts seem like a candidate but does anyone even make US followers or floorplates for 5.45 mags?  I'd welcome any suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC Robinson Armanent Co.  at  www.robarm.com has US floorplates/follower.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:25:24 AM EDT
[#2]
+1, they work very well.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm seeing .223 followers over there...are you guys talking about these ones, or do they make 5.45 ones too?  Or do the .223 followers work in the '74 mags without needing major mods?

Definitely a good way to go though.  Thanks for the headsup guys.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top