Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/2/2004 6:24:44 PM EDT
Well, I found one for $375. I could not resist. I had one back during the ban but, now I have some after ban queations. I want a folder. My understanding is that ther furniture is Romanian made and therefore, any foreign stock can replace it. So what is the deal on the Romanian side folders.

Keep in mind that I may put optics on it. While I am on that subject, what is the best PSO type scope out there? I am keeping a very open mind about the scope. I want something compact and light (possibly a point sight).

Last question. I want to replace the foreend furniture with some composite. Which should I get? What about that forend with the picatinny rail? Where did I see it and is it well made?

Thanks alot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
You are correct that the furniture is not US so parts count is not an issue.  The side folders can be found at about any gun show for around $40.  I personally do not like them as there is absolutely no cheek weld at well.  However, they do look cool as hell.  if you can find an underfolder kit with a trunion that would be the way to go.  As far as a composite stock set goes, try K-Var, very good reputation.

This set here seems to have everything that you are looking for.  Here is a link.....K-Var.com

http://www.k-var.com/images/AK-157BUS-GP.jpg

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as a scope, get a Kobra. It is a red dot scope that mounts right to the rail. Don't know where to get one, but they are good scopes. Sure you can find them via a search, or somebody will be along with a link.......
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know the pistol grip on romanians are a US part. I have the same stock set as above but with a Tapco SAW pistol grip and I love it. As for the folding stock it does take a little while to get used to doesnt really affect my ability to shoot. Also Im not sure what the above set goes for but I picked mine up for about $70 shipped and that seems to be a pretty average price but probably a little higher due to the Tapco grip which I highly suggest since it replace the storage compartment lost when removing the original stock.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You are correct that the furniture is not US so parts count is not an issue.  The side folders can be found at about any gun show for around $40.  I personally do not like them as there is absolutely no cheek weld at well.  However, they do look cool as hell.  if you can find an underfolder kit with a trunion that would be the way to go.  As far as a composite stock set goes, try K-Var, very good reputation.

This set here seems to have everything that you are looking for.  Here is a link.....K-Var.com

www.k-var.com/images/AK-157BUS-GP.jpg

That package from K-Var is no longer available.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top