Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2004 4:44:52 PM EDT
Hi im new and I wanted to get a SAR-1 but I heard that they dont manufactur them anymore and if you can find one their over priced because of that. So I considered the WASR-10 from AIM SURPLUS so I just wanted to know any major differences in these AK's  good and bad    
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The WASR-10 is imported as a single-stack, then Century mills out the receiver to allow it to accept the standard double-stack hicap AK mags.  Some people find that the magazine well is not reamed out enough and that the hole has to be filed slightly to accept the mags.  I had zero problems with mine, mags from several sources fit without difficulty.  Fun to shoot, price is right, and the barrel is chrome-lined.  Get one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
After the mag well is widened the only difference is that the wasr dont have the dimples in the side...
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#3]
o ok cool
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Alotta online vendors are deceptively advertising WASRs as the SAR-1.

SAR-1s have dimples on the side of the receiver just above where the mag goes in.

I'm also in the market for an SAR-1.

Here's a great resource (if you ain't seen it already ):
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Carbine5,

Welcome to the DARK SIDE. The SAR's are getting hard to find for sure, but a properly modified Wasr is ok too. Don't worry about dimples, only old guys like me put stock in that. Get one, have fun.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

SAR-1s have dimples on the side of the receiver just above where the mag goes in.

Does this have the dimples you are talking about???

I have found the answer and it is yes.

Renee
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top