Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 4:47:50 PM EDT
My trigger spring fell off one side of the trigger shoulder. All I was doing was cycling the bolt. I assume this isn't normal so do I need to get in there with a needle nose and tweak it in a little? Would I be better off to invest in a new spring? TIA.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#1]
You talking the wire(sheppard hook) that holds the hammer and trigger all together??? Just get youre needle nose out...After a little cussing it will go right back in...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#2]
No, not the shepherds hook. It's a wire wound spring in a U shape. Reading up on the subject some call it the "hammer spring legs". One leg rests on each side of the trigger group. I'm new to this model so I'm a little leery of just bending the spring so it's up against the receiver wall. Maybe I need a new one?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Just bend it a little.  This is an AK - you can't hurt it unless you really try
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
scromer is correct, bend it a little, back over it with a Peterbilt, or just yank the hell out of it. Then it'll work just fine.  
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top