Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 9:51:55 AM EDT
What is the "correct", or original equipment, flash hidder for a SAR 1?  I want to return my rifle to it's intended design, but I'm not sure which type of hider was originally there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont think most 7.62 AKs have a Flash Hider, Most use a Muzzle nut or Slant brake but no flash hider.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe garr is correct. I've never seen a sar with a fh. The slant brake is the only thing I've seen. I have put a hider on a couple of mine since the ban went away, but I don't care if it is correct as concerns the history of the piece, I go for the cool factor.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
On the SAR1 what flash hidder do you think looks the "Coolest."  I'm thinking of getting the AK-74 style compensator or the Krink's compensator. I know they are both compensators but I read that they also deflect the flash to the side or away.

http://www.dynasystems-ltd.com/GunFile/MB.html

Now I've just got to find who has the barrel threading kit that is for rent... Anyone know?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:05:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I found this:
Romanian FH

I doubt it's Romanian Mil. spec, but I personally think it's cool. I guess I love the A2 birdcage hider on my AR so much, I like alot of other breaks/hiders with the same kind of slots. ;)

HTH
kc
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:12:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I found this:
Romanian FH

I doubt it's Romanian Mil. spec, but I personally think it's cool. I guess I love the A2 birdcage hider on my AR so much, I like alot of other breaks/hiders with the same kind of slots. ;)

HTH
kc

K-var has that same flashhider for $19.95.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#6]
SAR1=AKM=Slant Break
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#7]
That Romanian flash hider I believe was used on the AIMR Carbine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah FGW is high on everything.

What's up ark? I saw the pics from the shoot and they look pretty good. Wish I coulda stayed longer.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top