Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/5/2004 12:32:50 AM EDT
There's a guy that wanted to trade his Federal Arms HK91 clone for my Mean Green SAR-1. I would post a pic but I'm at work and forgot the address of my pic host, but there's my post www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=79&t=61608&page=3 where there is a pic at the bottom of the page. Would you go for it? I've made no commitments. I'm proud of this SAR but I have a few other Kalashnikovs now and can always reproduce what I've done with this one. I've wanted a 91 clone for a long time but I'm not real familiar with different makers as to whats good and whats bad, except that I know I'd rather not have a Century or a Cetme. The pic of his 91 looks very nice and comes with a few extras, but I'd be throwing in a lot on the SAR as well.
What do you guys think, fair trade? Taipan
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure that it is not a Hesse or Vulcan receiver.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, Federal Arms receiver.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang Taipan  I sure would like to have nice battle rifle also....IMO I'd do it...Like you said you can do another SAR..That and I would like to have something in 308..

+1

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Ack, finally asked all the right questions and figued out that it was a more recent CAI build. That was the only one I've heard tons of problems with. He stated that his sone thought it was a "good shooter" but my SAR-1's pretty straight and I decided that I've invested more in the SAR than what the 91 clone was worth. I'll have to save up for one, maybe get the PTR-91, don't really want this to turn into an HK thread but had to get a couple opinions. Thanks, Taipan
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Just get a $350 re-build G3 clone.

Seriously, unless you shell out $600, you won't get one of the really nice and awesomeness G3s people get.

Hell, even a Hexxe/VA receiver works, and for $350, you can't beat it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just get a $350 re-build G3 clone.

Seriously, unless you shell out $600, you won't get one of the really nice and awesomeness G3s people get.

Hell, even a Hexxe/VA receiver works, and for $350, you can't beat it.

Where can you find one that cheap?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:40:07 AM EDT
[#7]
CAI is all I needed to hear...I'd keep the SAR then...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Where can you find one that cheap?

GunsNstuff.net has $300 and $350 G3-clones, rebuilds. They're much like SARs, you might get something great.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

...Who do you think imported and screwed up the FCS on the SAR series?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#11]
LOL I know CAI brought in the SAR's, but mine is nice. No problems yet at all, but I've seen others at the local gunshops that look like hell. I guess the fact that this gun was my first AK plays some part in it, just don't want to risk it to the possibility of getting an iffy rifle in trade.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:36:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...Who do you think imported and screwed up the FCS on the SAR series?

Yep Im aware of that..I"ve seen some sars with pretty bad cant and trigger slap but was still able to pull back the charging handle unlike there cetmes...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I traded my Century G-3 for a SAR2 that had the 74 brake and E German pinned stock. The G-3 was cool until I got it to the range. No misfires but could not get the windage corrected without repositioning the front site big time. Also I consider myself a strong guy!! Had to pull the crap out of the charging handle to retract the bolt. When I bought the G-3 I had a whole rack to choose from, so was the best of about 12 guns. Some you couldn't retract the ch hanlde.  A college degree in gunsmithing was almost needed to figure out how to strip the bolt and back again. All my local stores ran out of the surplus .308, almost s#@t myself when I saw the cheapest box around was over $15.00 for 20 rnds..... I without a doubt love my SAR2, can't wait to get my bulg sidefolder kit on it........
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top