Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 6:40:05 PM EDT
Will/can any SAR 1's, 2's and 3's ever be re-imported or are we stuck with WASR's and the SAR's we have here now?

GR
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody really knows for sure, but we all hope so! It's an often talked about subject, because nobody really knows exactly why they are no longer imported. Alot of people say the Romanians wanted too much money for them, and they wouldn't make them on the cheap. Who knows, but one can only hope that we do seem them again, hopefully once the AWB dies!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they can not import any barreled receiver that will accept a double stack magazine.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
That is one of the rumors I have heard aswell.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#4]
www.atf.gov/firearms/assault/treasrelease.htm
This ruling must have been exspanded to cover the import of recievers of rifles that use LCMM's also.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I read somewhere that along with disagreements about price, the Romanians now have a contract to pump out AKs for the new Iraqi police and military.  If that's the case, and I think it is, then I'm quite sure the Romanians are not motivated to sell them to us in the states for cheap.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top