Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 5:45:07 AM EDT
I have a Romanian SAR2. This one has the Romanian front sight tower that is threaded for the muzzle break. The Romanian break is in place on it.

If and when the AWB sunsets, I'd like to restore the bayonet lug. Because of the length of the AK74 style break, the bayonet lug needs to be on the front sight base, not on the gas block. It looks like this one had the lug in tact originally, and the "wings" were cut off.

So how do I repair/restore the bayonet lug?

I haven't seen any front sight towers with the bayonet lug in place for the SAR2, and I'm not sure the existing one can be "restored."

Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Some one with the proper skills will be able to weld a couple of beads onto the old mount & shape them into the mounts with a file/dremmel.
Don't worry if the AWB goes away I am sure there will be a few people offering this service.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I would like to do the same.  I think someone with a tig or mig welder could do the trick.  I real fine bead of weld is all that is needed.  It would not be too hard to clean up with a dremel.

Without the wings on the lug, you can get a bayo to sit on top of the brake:

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top