Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 6:48:48 AM EDT

OK, you all have really hurt my bank acct. the last few months. Found this site last year and have been glued to my PC. reading and learning about the "black side". I purchased an Yugo SKS last summer, pretty nice, #'s match etc. have had a great time with it.....then came the Bushmaster 16" flatop and a Eotech, much fun, only problem I've had is with my wife.....she seems to have the ability to BEAT MY BUTT at the range in grouping and hits in the center...boy do I eat crow...:) heard her talking on the phone Sunday eve. about "her" AR 15 shooting that day..."one in the center target" I see a problem developing....Anyway..I purchased a WSAR 10 from Classic and picked it up from my local dealer yesterday and was  very happy with the way it looked...better than I thought it would. checked it out, cleaned, loaded 20 rounds in mag and ran to my neighbors woods and ran the mag out. not too bad, seemed to match what the test target sent with it said....little low and to the right.
the only problem I see is the bolt does not lock back/open after mag is empty or anytime. Isn't it suppose to lock open? How do I fix this or should I send it back?  I tried the search but thats not running yet....so sorry if this has been discussed before. help......
BTW....I'm getting a itch to get a bolt action varmint rifle now....looking at the new Savage 223. OUCH...thats going to hurt :)
thanks
Dave
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Ther is no bolt-hold-open on AKs. you have to jack the bolt every time you reload..
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:49:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Shoot.... That Bushy will take care of all the varmint's you want..
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:37:12 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks colt for the reply. I went to the range yesterday and shot about 100 rounds thru the WASR 10. no problems. she does get a little warm on the handguards and accuracy is something I'll have to work on....also shot the bushy, I mounted the eotech and shot at 50yds to zero. I'm getting more familar with this bad boy...2"moa...yes, I know it will do better with more practice.....
btw...I smoked my wife this time, every 5 shot group was better than hers...she said she just had an off day and to watch out next time...God, I love this girl :)
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top