AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2003 5:44:40 PM EDT
Is the Romanain SAR1 getting hard to find? Tim
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
A little bit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:00:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The supply appears to be drying up - whether it stays that way or not, is anyone's guess... I'd bet that if they do resume importing them, that there'll be a price hike... Better get 'em while you can...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:57:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I haven't found any locally. I saw one at a gun show in Nov. It was a Century Arms gun. I get a bit confused on thios stuff though. Does Century Arms just import the guns or do they assmble or manufacture guns? I have heard that the quality of a Century Arms gun may not be too good. Any thoughts on this? So where would you go to get an SAR1? Tim
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:11:05 AM EDT
[#4]
To my knowledge, Century doesn't build these rifles - they import them, and then swap out enough parts to make them 922(?) compliant - in this case, the pistol grips, and fire control parts, to give a US parts count... A recent copy of the shotgun news should reveal a couple of dwindling sources - if you have someone who'll do FFL transfers for you - if not, they sometimes can help locate a dealer in your area that'll do it for a fee... Off the top of my head, I'd say SOG, J&G Sales, Wholesale Gun, etc... You might also check gunbroker...

My SAR-1 is a Century gun, and had a little trigger slap, but I cured it myself - other than that, there weren't any major issues... With a little TLC, it cleaned up into a fine looking weapon, and has been reliable, and more accurate than I thought an AKM could be... So, I guess you could say I'm happy with MY Century rifle...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input George!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#6]
No problemo, bud...

- georgestrings
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top