Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 5:43:32 PM EDT
I just bought a new Bulgarian magazine and when loading it, I noticed that the right lip wasn't holding bullets very well. Anyway, when I tried to fire it, it double fed and I just wanted to know if they required some break in procedure or if it's just messed up. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
There isn't any "break-in" period with ANY mags that I'm aware of - they either work, or they don't... Sometimes, new mags can be a little stiffly sprung - but it should only cause them to be a little difficult to fully load(until they "loosen up" a little) - that still shouldn't cause any malfunctions...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a failed magazine.  I'll wager it's feeding fine from the left side, as another round is pushing up and to the left against it, then as the bolt draws back to eject the spent round, the loosely containted right round frees itself from the mag due to it's danage lip and interferes with the fired rounds extraction.

- Nw -
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top