Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2003 9:06:34 AM EDT
I have been talking to Jimmy at Global Trades and he needs us to show interest in this in order for him to get it manufactured. The 1/2x28 is the perfect size for the SAR 2 barrel and 22mm muzzle brakes are not regulated by the BATF, in other words they don't have to be welded on. This is just another option that should be made available to us. I have also been in contact with Mike at Dynasystems about the same thing and am going to send him a 1/2x28 to 24mm adapter and have him scale it down to fit the Romanian muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:18:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Jason at investmentgradefirearms has 22mm adapters in stock. Your choice of Smooth bore for pressing on barrel or 1/2 internal threads for screwing onto barrel.

Here's some info I received from him.
I weld the bottom of the adapter to the FSB where it touches at the
bottom.  There is a nice flat spot there when it is installed and makes
it very easy to weld.

The comp I make will be a 74 style, internally it will be the exact
same.  I will probably make it a little larger diameter externally than
the Romanian comp would be so it resembles both a Bulgarian/Russian and
Romanian.  That way it can be used on a SAR 2 as well as a SAIGA.  I'm
working on the adapter setup for the SAIGA now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:37:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I've already completed the rifle with the IGF adapter and a muzzle brake from Global and the spring and detent from K-Var. While I was waiting to find an adapter, I went ahead and fixed the crooked front sight base and refinished it in alumahyde 2 and yesterday I was finally able to shoot it for the first time with everything assembled. I am very happy with it although I wasn't able to sight it in because I forgot my front sight tools but still had fun anyway. The rifle exibits no recoil or rise, even less than my Bulgarian 74.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Advice:  Zero and then paint.  Saves maring the finish with the windage site tool.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top