Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/21/2003 6:02:08 PM EDT
okay here is the deal. i bought an sar 3 some time ago, less than a year from aim surplus. the front sight was canted bad to say the least. im really cheap so i straightened out the front sight post(it turned buy hand) and put jb weld on it(I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE REPINNED IT)but ive never worked on an ak only ar15 rifles. well it didnt hold. now im pissed. but not at the rifle, but at me. ive got big plans for this rifle now. WHO CAN DO A GOOD CUSTOM JOB ON IT FOR ME. i want a redstar trigger, rear adjustable peep sight installed,krinkov style stock/black handguards and i want the barrle cut down and a comp permanently installed(to make it legal). other than the front sight she is has the best looking wood of all my sar rifles.any ideals.ps this rifle has yet to be fired....
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#1]
centermass69,
try this link

http://linx310.nothingbutguns.com/fsbcantfix.htm

Hope it helps!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
centermass69,
try this link

http://linx310.nothingbutguns.com/fsbcantfix.htm

Hope it helps!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#3]
METALMAN just looked at the sight got some good ideals.matter of fact i just swithed my sar3 furniture over to my sar2, it was to easy. now my sar2 looks super and the wood almost matches my e.german mags. as for the sar3 well it looks even worse with that ugly ass wood off my sar2 and canted sights. i could just repinned the sights but i know some one out there knows a good gun smith that can cutt the barrle down on my sar 3 and add a comp to make the atf happy. buy looking at redstar arms for an adjustable trigger/mojo peep sight. just need to find a krink style butt stock/ hand quards to match.i just emailed ak-usa to see what they can do for me.later centermass69
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
rpbusa.com has krink style (non-folding) buttstock.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
rpbusa.com web sight is down has been for a few days.

METALMAN i went to the web page you showed me.i went ahead and knocked  out the pins on the front sight base and redrilled them with an 1/8 in bit. now if i can just find some 1/8 steel dowel rod, to replace the original pins any suggestions????
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Start with just yer average hardware store. You may even use an 1/8" drill bit end (a cheap one)  since its tempered steel. However mild steel in 1/8" can be found at welding shops, (and might give a little better) or if you already weld (ARC) the standard for their larger rods start at 1/8". You'll just have to cut the end of it off.
To make the pins fit real good heat them up a little then drive them in. If that is too hard, you might just drive em in and cut them back. After cutting them back take a pin punch and dimple both sides so it won't come out!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#7]
found some 1/8 inch steel rod today. punch out front sight pins. cut new 1/8 rod down to fit threw
front sight, heated up the pins and drove them in. great so far.... the GOOD thing is it did tighten up a little the bad BAD thing is it still has side to side play in the front sight.This cant be the right size front sight assembly. i was looking at my sar2 and it is the samefront sight as my sar3, if you look at the barrle diameter you can see that they are different. i thought about just welding it but i dont have a mig gun here in texas and dont know any body who does. what about soldering it?? would it hold and what type of solder could i use?
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top