Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/13/2003 11:49:24 AM EDT
Picked up a WASR-10 in trade the other day. Pretty happy with it, functions fine, etc. Just wondering if anyone else who has one and is more clever than I has come up with some ingenious way to make the mags "wobble" a little less? Doesn't seem to affect the functioning, just kinda distracting.....Thanks in advance....

Dave Ray
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same problem. Sometimes when I pull the trigger at a fast rate empty cases will get jammed in the chamber. BTW, I also have a WASR 10

I'd say just have custom mags made, as the AK mags just don't seem to be made for the Romanian Export imatation WASR 10.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:17:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine wobble a bit from side to side, seem pretty tight fore and aft. I haven't had any functioning problems just yet. Just a minor annoyance. Seems like just gluing a piece of credit card on the sides of the tops of the mags would work well. Why don't I try that and report back? OK, I will...........:)

Dave Ray
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I was looking at a couple of these at the fun show this past weekend.

Every WASR I picked up, the mags wobbled side to side.

Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I took a computer block off plate, cut two 1" long pieces off, mixed up some JB Weld, C-Clamped them to each side of the magwell, walla.. no more mag wobble. Worked great...
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#6]
i was wondering what is the difference between the WASR-10 that takes 30rnd mags and the SAR-1.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I have heard that drum's don't work well in the WASR-10. Could this have anything to do with it?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Get the Bulgarian waffle mags from k-var. No wobble, look cool too! They are a little wider than steel mags, function great.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't really remember weather or not I had the mag. wobble on my SAR. Has anyone had this problem with a SAR. the mag wobbles very little in my WASR, but I think it did the same in my SAR.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the WASR mag wobble problem comes from the fact that the WASR's do not have the mag well indentations that normal stamped reciever AK's have.

Compare a WASR to a SAR and you will see what I mean.

The purpose of the 2 indentions was to hold the mag steady in the stamped reciever. Although some stamped recievers use flat metal welded in place of the indentions. Examples: RPK, RPK-74, VEPR, and some Saiga models.

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top