Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/23/2003 9:42:24 AM EDT
on the back of the receiver, there is a little push button, come out half an inch, directly behind the receiver...  

If I get the bolt to hold open (sliding it back, then gently letting it go forward and getting it to stop [of course just looking funny at the bolt handle, jarring the rifle, or barely touching the push button thing slams it home]), and I push this button, the bolt and everything goes forward...

If I hold the bolt back, and push this in, it directly pushes the bolt, like a forward assist on an AR (which is all I am used to).

What is this exactly?  Didn't see it on linu10 site.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
The button is for taking the rifle appart. Push it in and pull the back of the top dust cover off (up)to get into the rifle for cleaning.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The foreward assist on an AK would be a quick slap to the bolt with your hand.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Forward assist for an AK:

Private, go forward with your rifle and assist the platoon by finding out where the enemy is.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
But if the private had an AR, could scope out where the enemy was....  scope mounting on an AK = oy, though for the right price in mounts can be done...

I'll use my AR for the longer range 'work'.  =)

Thanks for input gentlemen
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#5]
there are scope mount/dust covers that replace the standard dust cover. can't say if they're good or not
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
They won't hold zero.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
hahahah forward assist on a ak.hahhhahah. laughing my ass off. hahahaha
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Forward assist for the AK47 rifle:

1. Place gun muzzle down on a hard surface, such as a road or sidewalk

2. Kick bolt handle with boot or shoe

3. Done
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Did your rifle not come with a basic owner's manual? How did you intend to clean it? Didn't notice the scope mount on the side of your receiver? Russian optics are a bargain. (I know Linx310's site has all the info you could possibly need)

I'm guessing you didn't clean the rifle prior to "testing"?

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Learned me good at linx site.  previous owner did not install handguards correctly, or leave me the cleaning kit.  Cleaning = have my own stuff...

=)
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The foreward assist on an AK would be a quick slap to the bolt with your hand.

You tell 'em!

That's what I do and it works everytime!

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
on the back of the receiver, there is a little push button, come out half an inch, directly behind the receiver...  

If I get the bolt to hold open (sliding it back, then gently letting it go forward and getting it to stop [of course just looking funny at the bolt handle, jarring the rifle, or barely touching the push button thing slams it home]), and I push this button, the bolt and everything goes forward...

If I hold the bolt back, and push this in, it directly pushes the bolt, like a forward assist on an AR (which is all I am used to).

What is this exactly?  Didn't see it on linu10 site.

I cracked up for 5 minutes after this post!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...What is this exactly?  Didn't see it on linu10 site.

I cracked up for 5 minutes after this post!hr

I'd like to laugh if I weren't so damn scared that this guy could be hunting on my neighbor's land during deer hunting. hock.gif
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top